This page includes links to all news items issued by/to the congregation related to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, worship resources to use while services in the church building are postponed, and links to information about the COVD-19 coronavirus.
News Posts on our congregational website
- News item posted to the web dated March 13, 2020
- News item posted to the web dated March 14, 2020
- News item posted to the web dated March 16, 2020 – about cancelled or postponed events
- News items posted to the web dated March 17, 2020 – about temporary closure of the church, suspension of services, and options to continue to support the church financially
- Stewardship Letter from the Session of GCPC – posted May 29, 2020
- Message from Session about re-opening GCPC – posted June 14, 2020
- Short news announcement about re-opening on August 16, 2020 – posted August 12, 2020
- Full re-opening protocols for August 16, 2020 – posted August 11, 2020
- Worship services suspended as of November 22, 2020 – posted November 17, 2020
- We’re re-opening August 22, 2021 at 10 AM – posted August 12, 2021
- News item posted December 30, 2021 – about suspension of in-person worship services and of church-sponsored activities
- In-person worship resumes March 6, 2022 – news about the worship re-opening, as well as about in-person church-sponsored activities and the use of church facilities by others.
- Singing has returned to in-person worship – as of May 8, 2022.
- Worship services – repository of worship services from GCPC, starting with March 22, 2020
- On-line worship services – page at the PCC with links to churches with Presbyterian congregations in Canada with on-line services
- Revised Common Lectionary, a project of the Vanderbilt Divinity Library, with scripture readings for each week
- Faith @ Home – website with lectionary-based readings and reflections
- Family Devotional – A family devotional for life during a pandemic, with suggested activities and readings
- Prayers for when you feel anxious – colouring pages, by Illustrated Ministry
- “Hope, Gratitude and Solidarity” – A message to Canadians from religious leaders in Canada in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- “A Message and Prayer from the Moderator Re: COVID-19” – from The Rev. Amanda Currie, Moderator of the PCC 2019 General Assembly
COVID-19 Coronavirus resources
The government websites are all being updated regularly, and the PCC website has been updated since originally being created.
- Presbyterian Church in Canada – Responding to COVID-19 and An Official Letter about Worship and Pastoral Care
- Government of Canada – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Government of Ontario – COVID-19
- City of Toronto – COVID-19